Ms. Laila Abdullah Al Hadhrami
Sr. Executive Digital Transformation
Ministry of Transport and Communications and Information Technology(MTCIT)Oman
Laila Al Hadhrami is
- A senior Executive Digital Trasnformation in eTransformation team in Ministry of Transport and Communications and Information Technology MTCIT
- Director of Building Capacity in Smart City Platform.
- Change Management Consultant for digital transformation teams.
- Founder of Change Management Community of Practice
- Lead Government Innovation Project
- Founder of Smart City Ambassadors
Laila al Hadhrami, senior executive-Digital Transformation in the eTransformation team in Ministry of Transport, communications and IT, as she is also the director of Building Capacity and Awareness in Smart City Platform. She started working as a professional in this field from 2005 and has experience as well as credentials in different relevant fields including Government Innovation, Change Management, UX, Re-process engineering, Business Analysis, Project Management, and Knowledge Management. Speaking about Knowledge Management, she is very passionate about CoPs and she has established the first CoP in Change Management in Oman.
Laila has also participated as a speaker in many conferences and seminars in Oman and overseas. Currently, she is leading national projects in Oman, like Government Innovation in emerging technologies in Oman, and other projects related to digital transformation. She is also the founder of Smart City Ambassadors initiative that has been awarded by ITU Innovation Challenges Winning ideas from the Ecosystem best practice challenge category 2020.
Currently, Laila is Leading change management activities on the digital transformation program and support the government entities to adapt the required changes to meet their digital transformation objectives and organization culture change towards the digitization.
Laila is a member in different committees in Oman and overseas as well as in the UN standards evaluation internal committee and the UNSECO ICT Programme in Beirut. She is also a government fellowship UNU-EGOV and has a current collaboration with international organizations like ITU and UNI-EGOV to document Oman’s experience in Smart City Ambassadors as a global best Practice.
Away from work and technology, Laila has published two translated books, some short stories, and is currently working on two new books about her experience in travel which is one of her hobbies as she visited more than 50 countries. She is also the founder of @oman_traveler – the first tourism account in Oman with more than 200K followers.
- (2006- 2008) MA degree in Education, Online Education – University of Southern Queensland, Australia.
- (2000-2004) B.Sc in English Literature from College of Arts and Science, SQU.
ü Certified Knowledge Manager (CKM), 2018
- Lean Practitioner Manager, PDO, 2017
- Train the Trainer, Muscat, 2017
- Business Analysis course from Knowledge Academy, UK, 2016
- Certified Change Management Registered Practitioner. (CM), APMG, 2015
- Qualified PMP, PMI, 2015
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), PMI, 2015.
- Certified User Experience Specialist, CXS30140168, Akendi, 2014
- Diploma of NLP, APNLP, 2014
- Quality for Project Managers, Georg Washington University, UK, 2014.
- The Bullet Proof Program, Prosper, 2013.
- Managing IT Projects, Georg Washington University, UK, 2013.
- Scheduling and Cost Control, Georg Washington University, UK, 2013.
Awards and Memberships
- ITU Innovation Challenges Winning ideas from the Ecosystem best practice challenge category 2020
- Oman Woman Award of the Year 2020 in Innovation & Technology
- Member in steering committee of Organizational Change in MTCIT, 2020
- UNU-EGOV government fellowship (2018/UNU/EGOV/CTC/GF/53) in Portugal.
- Director of Building Capacity and Awareness in Smart City Platform smartoman.om .
- Head of Change Management Framework committee, ITA.
- Member in the UN standards internal committee in ITA.
- Member in the executive team of Smart City Platform
- Member in the steering committee of National Project for Accelerating Government Performance.
- Member in UNSECO ICT Program, Beirut.
- Member in the executive team of OIST (Oman Information Technology Society)
- Member in the Steering committee board of OSET (Omani Society for Educational Technology)